What does the year 2019 mean for you? Are you looking forward to it? Have you made any resolutions or defined any goals?
We at Heart2Shine hope- this is the year that more will be offered to you to help you in your everyday life.
It’s coming up to the end of the second week of 2019- the time when resolutions most famously begin to fizzle out.
So here’s our tips for keeping you on track with your goals:
1. Make sure your goals feel good! This may sound strange but positively framing your goal(s) or, making them from a self empowering/self loving place, is crucial. The reason for this is that the goal starts with positive energy and this positive energy then helps you feel good as you make the changes necessary to implement your goal(s). For example if you want to lose weight, start by associating with greater levels of physical health and what these greater levels of physical health would mean for you. Avoid negative self talk about being ‘fat’, ‘ugly’ ‘useless’ and the like. No surprise they release negative energy and will zap any desire or will power you may have to get off the sofa and exercise. Or, if you want to pay off debts and/or start a great savings plan in 2019, once again, start by recognising how great feeling financially free would be. Really allow yourself to feel this and agree that 2019 is the year that you give this to yourself. Once again, this releases positive energy into your system that is going to help you as you make new and different decisions in your life.
Regardless of what your goal(s) is, let’s assume it’s feeling good. If it’s not, re-frame it or get help to love yourself into me positive change.
2. Now define your goal- for example, how much do you want to be lighter, pay off or save? Define it by writing it down. But be realistic. Honestly ask yourself if what you are expecting is possible for you. If you simply don’t know or struggle with this, seek professional help. Remember it ALWAYS feels better to over achieve than under achieve so resist the urge for too much too soon. We want to keep that good flowing energy moving until it’s time to celebrate your achievement!
So you have now defined your goal…
3. How EXACTLY are you going to achieve this? What needs to happen/be put in place for you to achieve your goal? Again define this by writing it down. Once again, if you are not sure seek professional help.
So you have what you need clearly defined and written down…
4. Always ask for the support of your nearest and dearest. Don’t expect to be given it automatically. This may sound strange but these are your goals (not theirs) and truly you want their support and positive energy on your side. If you feel for whatever reason this is unrealistic or unobtainable, get professional help. Getting help is one of the best ways to hold yourself accountable and finally achieve that which you have been desiring.
So you have the support you need…
5. Schedule regular times in your diary to review and assess your progress. Decide whether this needs to be daily, weekly or monthly and agree to be honest with yourself. Appraisals work but only with an honest acknowledgement of the facts. When things are going to plan, congratulate yourself! Release that positive energy to help keep you going. It feels good! When you realise you are not on track, never be afraid to look at the situation from a factual perspective- what is it you are missing and that you need? And put it in place- lovingly! It could be anything! A piece of equipment or software, a buddy or a more efficient daily routine. Regardless, resist any urges to berate yourself. Falling down after tripping up doesn’t matter- as long as you get right back up after it.
So you can honestly say you’re reviewing your goals and you have what you need…
6. Celebrate your accomplishments. Believe it or not, most people strive for goals then never take the time to enjoy their success! Rather they focus on what’s next and what comes after that. This is a wasted opportunity to build valuable self esteem and self worth. Take time now to think about what you will do when you achieve your goal and make a commitment now to give yourself this. It doesn’t matter what it is, as long as it feels good and it genuinely involves you taking time to celebrate your brilliance, dedication and hard work.
You genuinely do deserve to be feel great in this life and its a simple fact that people implement better change whilst feeling good about themselves than feeling bad. Again don’t be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help. People like us exist so people like you can live the happiest and most fulfilled lives you can.
Our essence of the month is Hope.
This was the very first flower essence created by Zoe and is a great one to feature at the start a New Year newsletter as New Year is traditionally a time of great hope for many of you.
Having hope is something that is fundamentally necessary in order to lead a happy and fulfilled life. It’s something that is too often taken for granted and seriously missed when gone- it’s certainly something that we at Heart2Shine work hard to help you hang onto. Our Hope essence can help support you if you are worried about losing hope or have perhaps lost faith in a more positive future.
It’s also good to remember that essences make a great addition to other forms of therapies or professional help you may be receiving. We’e often asked if we can bottle what we do- and we’ve found a way! Essences work by exerting their effects on your energy system, helping to release any blockages that may have left you feeling stuck and unmotivated. So if you feel you could benefit from having a little more hope, we can help!
For more information on Hope Flower Essence click here.
Have a wonderful 2019 and move those dreams into your reality,